Do you feel overwhelming Anxiety?
- Are you worrying excessively over everyday things?
- Do you feel “keyed up” and find it difficult to relax?
- Is it difficult for you to fall asleep or stay asleep?
- Do you have headaches, muscle aches and/or stomach aches?
- Do you feel as though anxiety is limiting you from living your life?
- Do you ever wish that you can find calm, peace of mind and freedom from worry and negative thinking?
What is Anxiety?
Anxiety is when our nervous system overreacts to a stimulus. This could be from our environment, emotions, past events, our childhood and more.
Symptoms of Anxiety may vary depend on the individual. Some common symptoms could include feeling “keyed up” (a high level of agitation), difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep, headaches, muscle aches and stomach aches.
Anxiety has been found to cause a lack of concentration, sleep problems and low self-esteem. It can lead to us feeling overwhelmed in situations where we normally would not feel this way and it often restricts us from living life the way we want to. But there are things that you can do to overcome anxiety, one of the quickest ways is working with a trained anxiety therapist.
Living with anxiety can be exhausting and frustrating, Does this sound like you?
- No matter how hard you try, you cannot stop the worry or negative thoughts.
- You’re in a constant state of worry
- It feels like it’s all consuming
- You feel on guard and anxious all of the time.
- You have difficulty concentrating
Your feelings are real. You know you shouldn’t feel this way. The voice inside your head is a little more negative than you like. Maybe you are beginning to lose interest in the things that you once enjoyed doing. You may feel as though you are living in a prison and that your peace of mind and well-being have been stolen from you.
Anxiety disorders are real. Our expert anxiety therapists help you learn to take control of the symptoms of anxiety. Understanding anxiety is the first step toward finding relief.
There are a lot of names for anxiety disorders – generalized anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder, panic attacks, separation anxiety, PTSD, anxiety attacks, and more.
During an anxiety attack several of these symptoms might occur:
- Pounding heart or chest pain
- Sweating, trembling, shaking
- Shortness of breath, sensation of choking
- Nausea or abdominal pain
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Feeling unreal or disconnected
- Fear of losing control, “going crazy,” or dying
- Chills or hot flashes
Common things we tell ourselves if we’ve experienced Anxiety
- I’m not worthy.
- I don’t do anything right.
- Everyone I love with leave me.
- I feel stuck
Anxiety Therapy in Tampa
The good news is that our expert anxiety therapists and anxiety counselors in Tampa have worked with countless clients just like you. If you’re looking for a Therapist in Tampa, our anxiety counselor Kayla Rosenkrans will work with you to identify your specific concerns and problem areas, and collaboratively develop a treatment plan that best fits your needs.
Her toolkit to help you get through your anxiety and depression includes:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment therapy (ACT
- Mindfulness based cognitive therapy (MBCT)
- Trauma informed therapy
Treating anxiety disorders might look a little different than what you might expect.
Anxiety Therapy looks different than what you might expect.
- Healing from anxiety means learning how to be conscious.
- Healing from anxiety means learning how to sit with your own thoughts.
- Healing from anxiety means learning how to pause before reacting.
- Healing from anxiety means learning how to trust your own word.
- Healing from anxiety means learning how to regulate your nervous system.
- Healing from anxiety means learning how to set and hold boundaries.
It’s unlearning and relearning new ways of existing in your current world. This process leads to true, deep transformation. It requires your daily participation. Working with a counselor in Tampa can help to accelerate this process and provide you with the tools and resources necessary so you don’t have to figure everything out on your own.
The Next Step in Treatment for Anxiety
Working with an Anxiety focused therapist in Tampa can help to take control of your mind, body and emotional response to anxiety and help with your processing of the events that may currently be affecting you. Click the button below to schedule a free phone call to see if our anxiety focused therapists are a great fit for you!