If anxiety is holding you back from living your life to the fullest, then it’s time to take a step back and make some changes. Often times, events in our past can continue to loop, replay and affect our everyday life. This blog post will help you understand anxiety and what can be done if anxiety is having an adverse effect on your mental health. We’ll also discuss how therapy can help with anxiety issues so that anxiety doesn’t hold you back anymore!
What is anxiety?
Anxiety is a natural human emotion that a lot of people experience, but it can also be severely debilitating in extreme cases. It’s sometimes referred to as the ‘flight or fight’ response and anxiety occurs when our brain perceives danger. The problem with anxiety is that there might not actually be any threat present!
What causes anxiety?
Anxiety is when our nervous system over responds to some kind of stressor – this could be environmental, emotional, or physical. When a person experiences anxiety on an ongoing basis without any specific triggers or reason other than the anxiety has become their normality, this could be called “generalized anxiety disorder”. You might typically experience excessive worry across many situations and often feel restless and on edge.
Some level of anxiety is normal and can even be helpful. But when it begins to affect your everyday life, then something has to change.
Some people might think anxiety is the same thing as being ‘nervous’, but this couldn’t be further from the truth. Nerves are a physical response, and anxiety can also have a biological basis that’s more associated with worrying or feeling stressed.
How does anxiety affect someone?
Anxiety has many different effects on people. Some anxiety sufferers might feel like they’re never in the present moment and are always worrying about what could go wrong or be anxious about a bad outcome.
Others may avoid any kind of social interaction because it’s too much for them to handle, while some anxiety sufferers will experience physical symptoms such as headaches, nausea, or muscle tension.
One of the most debilitating anxiety symptoms is panic attacks where physical signs like chest pain, rapid heart rate, and dizziness usually occur as well as extreme fear that might cause a person to feel like they’re dying or going crazy!
How can anxiety be treated?
There are many things you can do if anxiety is holding you back.
Therapy is a safe place where anxiety sufferers can get help and support for their anxiety issues. Anxiety therapists will be able to identify the root cause of your anxiety so that it doesn’t hold you back anymore, and they’ll also teach coping mechanisms that may work better than what’s currently been tried in the past.
How to live with anxiety:
– Be mindful of what causes anxiety for you personally
– Find the root cause of your anxiety with help from an anxiety therapist and take direct action to re-program your brain & body to have a more appropriate response.
Some common tolls a therapist in Tampa might use to help you are:
Our counselors in Tampa are trained and have specialized in helping people with anxiety just like you. To help you with counseling and therapy some of the tools our master’s degree and PhD level counselors use in their practice include but are not limited to the following:
– Keep anxiety in perspective and keep your anxiety from controlling you by using cognitive behavioral therapy.
What is CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy)?
– CBT is a type of anxiety treatment that helps people change the way they think, feel, and behave in order to manage their anxiety better.
– This anxiety relief technique exposes you to what’s causing your anxiety so that it doesn’t seem as scary or dangerous anymore.
Mindfulness based therapy
what is mindfulness based therapy?
– This anxiety relief technique helps you to become more aware of thoughts, emotions, and sensations that are happening in the present moment.
– Spend time outside to help with anxiety by getting pure air or sunlight exposure that might not be possible inside on a regular basis. In this way, nature can act as an anxiety treatment
When should I seek professional help for my anxiety problems?
If you experience any of these symptoms on a regular basis then it’s time to get some professional help by a licensed therapist near you. If you’re in Tampa, FL our expert therapists at Hanson Complete Wellness help clients with anxiety every single day. If you simply google anxiety near me, you will find our therapists near you who can help.